This software is severely outdated. Instead of using it, I suggest updating to the latest firmware and using LetterBomb
bannerbomb alpha - v2
compatible with Wii Menu version 4.2 only, for older versions see index
- Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.
- Download abd6a_v200.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.
- Go download the HackMii installer. Copy installer.elf to the root of the SD card, and rename it to boot.elf.
- Press the SD card icon (for the SD menu). This is different from the last version. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.
- If it pops up a dialog, then fill out the survey.
- If you encounter any problems from then on, don't try other versions (it won't help), but see the information below the survey.
- If it freezes before popping up the dialog, you could try these versions:
if you got the dialog,
and have a problem later on,
DON'T TRY THESE -- they won't help
which version works for you?
- v200: Fixed compatibility with Wii Menu version 4.2.
- v103-108: Bugfixes.
- What are boot.dol and boot.elf? There are two executable formats in use on the Wii, DOL and ELF. Homebrew is distributed as a dol or elf file.
bannerbomb does the following:
- If boot.dol is found on the root of the SD card, load that.
- Otherwise, if boot.elf is found, load that.
- Otherwise, pop up an error.
- What boot.dol do I use and how do I install the Homebrew Channel? You can install the Homebrew Channel using the HackMii installer. If you don't want to install anything, you could unzip the dol from Loadmii onto the root of the SD, and get homebrew applications from here.
- My Wii's serial number starts with LU64, is this compatible? Yes.
- /boot.dol could not be opened. You need to have a file called "boot.dol" or "boot.elf" on the root of the SD. Chances are you don't.
- Error -1030002011 installing ticket You're using the wrong installer. You should use the installer at bootmii.org to install the Homebrew Channel. It should be called boot.elf. There should be no file called boot.dol.
- When running the HackMii installer, the screen freezes with a blinking slot light. This is a known problem, but I'm not exactly sure what causes it.
- When running the HackMii installer, I get the scam warning, but then it freezes/exits. Upgrade to the latest installer from bootmii.org.
- I can install the Homebrew Channel, but I only see bubbles. You need to actually download homebrew. You could get some at WiiBrew.
- It might not work
- It is possible to press the back button "under" the dialog. Make sure you don't do that.
- Please don't copy/hotlink/whatever, just link here. Thanks.
- Don't use this for warez, pretty please :|
- megazig for observing that Nintendo failed in the 4.2 update
- bushing, dhewg, segher, etc.
- CaitSith, Artik and everyone else who tested
- and last but not least, Igglyboo for testing over 9000 zips for me