bannerbomb alpha - v1
compatible with Wii Menu version 3.0 - 4.1, for 4.2 see index
- Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.
- Download aad1f_v108.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.
- Go download the HackMii installer. Copy installer.elf to the root of the SD card, and rename it to boot.elf.
- Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.
- If it pops up a dialog, then fill out the survey.
- If you encounter any problems from then on, don't try other versions (it won't help), but see the information below the survey.
- If it freezes before popping up the dialog, follow these diagnostics:
- Did you use the SD menu (4.x) or click Savedata instead of Channels? If so, then you're dumb
- Otherwise, try a different version. The system menu is somewhat unpredictable; while most people should be able to use aad1f, some might need another version. Try these versions:
if you got the dialog,
and have a problem later on,
DON'T TRY THESE -- they won't help
survey FILL THIS OUT PLX
which version works for you?
- v104-v108: Attempted to prevent the freeze-after-a-minute bug (other than by disabling WC24).
- v103: Added some stuff that may or may not help with stability.
- What are boot.dol and boot.elf? There are two executable formats in use on the Wii, DOL and ELF. Homebrew is distributed as a dol or elf file.
bannerbomb does the following:
- If boot.dol is found on the root of the SD card, load that.
- Otherwise, if boot.elf is found, load that.
- Otherwise, pop up an error.
- What boot.dol do I use and how do I install the Homebrew Channel? You can install the Homebrew Channel using the HackMii installer. If you don't want to install anything, you could unzip the dol from Loadmii onto the root of the SD, and get homebrew applications from here.
- Which version should I use? Start with aad1f, try the rest in order if it freezes before popping up a dialog (either aad1f or aad20 works for the vast majority of people). It doesn't matter which menu version you have as long as it's 3.x-4.x.
- My Wii's serial number starts with LU64, is this compatible? Yes.
- I have menu version 2.x, is this compatible? Not yet.
- /boot.dol could not be opened. You need to have a file called "boot.dol" or "boot.elf" on the root of the SD. Chances are you don't.
- Error -1030002011 installing ticket You're using the wrong installer. You should use the installer at bootmii.org to install the Homebrew Channel. It should be called boot.elf. There should be no file called boot.dol.
- When running the HackMii installer, I get the scam warning, but then it freezes/exits. Upgrade to the latest installer from bootmii.org.
- If it gives you the dialog but freezes instead of loading the dol, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell me where it froze and whether or not the slot light is on. You might also try removing the disc (but it doesn't look like this is a problem anymore).
- If you press "no" when it asks you whether you want to load a dol then it might freeze.
- It is possible to press the back button "under" the dialog. Make sure you don't do that.
- Please don't copy/hotlink/whatever, just link here. Thanks.
- Don't use this for warez, pretty please :|
- bushing, dhewg, segher, etc.
- CaitSith, Artik and everyone else who tested
- and last but not least, Igglyboo for testing over 9000 zips for me